Who needs a blog these days?
Well to be perfectly honest, anyone can benefit from creating a blog to build their personal brand and share their ideas.
Especially anyone who owns a business or is serious about starting one.
A well-organized blog can help create traffic and grow your audience no matter what you sell or what your service is.
If you haven’t already started blogging, here are some important things to keep in mind when deciding whether a blog is worth adding to your online presence.
Blogging versus social media
Pictures, posts, pins, and tweets galore. As a business owner, you’ve likely had to learn how to use every social media platform imaginable, and chances are, you set up your business Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram during the beginning stages of your marketing strategy. After all, that is one of the first commandments of digital marketing. Long gone are the days of traditional paper marketing—51% of consumers have discovered a new company or product while surfing the internet on their smartphone.
So, bottom line: social media isn’t just a place to share cat videos anymore. When used strategically, it’s a tool for generating leads, creating brand awareness, and connecting with your audience. There are a few key differences between social media marketing and blogging. Here are just a handful.
- When you blog, you can create your own content and repost it onto your social media sites. So it’s the best of both worlds.
- Blogging gives you the chance to create long-form content instead of relying on quick blurbs to get your point across.
- A blog will give you more credibility. If you create long and short-form content centered around your business, whether you’re a welder or baker, your audience will see you as a credible expert.
- You can link all of your social media sites on your blog, making it convenient for potential customers to find you anywhere on the world wide web.
A blog helps you to utilize search engine optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is how web pages are categorized and ranked in Google. Some pages rank highly, making them easier to find when someone types up a key phrase into the search engine. Other pages with a poor search engine optimization rank, never see the light of day.
A blog can help your website rank higher, so when someone types ‘florist near me’, your shop will be the first pick.
Blogging can be more profitable than you think
Did you know you can actually make blogging its own business? If you like the idea of having a side hustle, learn how to turn your blog into a second business and increase your income. You can make money blogging by:
- Monetizing your blog.
- Including affiliate links into your posts.
- Partnering with other small brands and selling ad space to create additional revenue.
So what’s it going to be?
Now, you know all the ways a blog can help you make money and grow your main business. By utilizing search engine optimization with your blog, and using it in tandem with your social media sites, you’ll be a business savvy force to be reckoned with. If you’re finding it difficult to manage all of your content, look into working with a digital marketing company to help you get started. Never stop learning, and you’ll never stop growing. Blogging will be able to take you to new heights, so what are you waiting for?
Go ahead and start writing!